Facilitation of a strategic planning day is a sensitive business.
At the end of every strategy day, every team wants more. They say “We should do this more often,” and that’s true. But each offsite can’t be just a sugar hit. Good feelings are great. You also need something to show for the day. You need to demonstrate value. You need runs on the board.
Make sure the time you spend at a facilitation day is valuable. Invest in facilitation days that solve operational problems.
Solve operational problems at facilitated away days and offsites
Here are some operational issues that Cindy Tonkin has helped resolve at offsites and strategy days. This list is not exhaustive. But it may help you to define the focus of your next offsite. Work on problems like these:
- cut down on the surprises caused by suppliers
- set consistent work standards
- realise some productivity gains!
- get rid of bottlenecks in the workflow
- head off recurring customer issues
- identify and capitalise on the team’s strengths and weaknesses
- resolve issues about head count, customer service failure, and other tricky operational issues.
All the traditional facilitation tools and more
Of course Cindy’s offsites can also guide you through the traditional SWOT, PESTLE, force-field analysis and any other traditional tool. She can facilitate your team pulling together a strategy. But your offsite should also improve how you function back at work. More information on the kind of operational and corporate problems Cindy Tonkin can help you solve.
Your offsite must address an operational problem. But it needn’t be boring.
Cindy Tonkin has a background in improvisation, story-telling and games. She spent more than 20 years improving productivity in organisations. An offsite with Cindy promises variety, focus and operational problem-solving.
Find out more about offsites from Cindy Tonkin:
- Discover how you can build team with offsites here.
- Think through your offsite and what you need to get out of it here.
- Learn some things to take into account when looking for a great offsite facilitator here.
- See how you can avoid offsite meeting nightmares here.
Practical Facilitation Experience with Public Sector Agencies
Who has Cindy done facilitation with?
Cindy has facilitated sessions with the following public sector agencies:
- NSW Police LAC re-organisation project (Commanders)
- NSW Police OCI
- NSW Police Facilitators
- Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care Human Resources (DADHC)
- Legal Aid NSW
- Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART)
- North Coast Mental Health Service
- Sydney Trains Fleet Maintenance Division
- Sydney Trains Occupational Health and Safety
- Hume Community Housing
Aragon Gray Pty Ltd and Cindy Tonkin on the approved suppliers list for State and Local Government for services related to facilitation and strategic planning.